Just Dessert

Dear Friends

Happy Holidays!  Thank you for always tuning in, and I thank each and everyone of you for spending your precious time with Debby. I try not to take any little thing for granted.  This post is to the ones you love, lost, and are still looking for.  Holidays are hard, I know.  This post is dedicated to my mama "Donna".  Our last Thanksgiving we were together we laughed and she told me to get out of the kitchen, can we have "Just Dessert"?
I'm what some people call an over achiever, so everything I try to do is perfect.  She hated to see me work over the stove all day, working to cook a meal for one day.  If she had it her way, we would just have dessert.  Donna Ward Smith loved sweets and coffee!  We always had desserts, so many desserts, but I wish I could turn back time just for one dessert and one cup of coffee together.  I honestly can't start my day without that loving cup of coffee.  Every morning I sip my coffee I think of her,  enjoy every moment with the ones you love. Also, enjoy your "Just Desserts"!  I'm holding on to my memories this Happy Thanksgiving and make sure you hug and hold on to the ones you love and know you are not alone.......

6 comments

  1. Yes! I would go for just dessert for a holiday meal! Or at least eat it first so you are not too full after the meal to have any. So sorry you are missing your Mom....I know the holidays are hard for things like that. Hold on to your memories! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb l must say your desserts look amazing... would love to bite into every one of those delicious confections.... the white donuts look particularly yumm 😘 your mum sounds so much fun and very relaxed... lm not a cook so l tend to buy the food for most celebrations, my mum was the same, l’m always up for a cuppa and cake tho.... try and take it a bit easy on yourself over thanksgiving dear Deb, pop those feet up and kick back 🌸😘🌸😘🌸😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. the desserts look so good. Thanks for shraing at C&C with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your sweet story about spending time with your Mom. Your desserts look delish. Thank you for joining us at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mom Donna sounded like a wonderful person. What a gift she gave you, lets just do dessert & coffee. A beautiful tribute to her, your deserts are mouthwatering, personally give me desert over dinner. I have the Irish sweetooth��. It's so true when we lose a loved one, we want that last hug or favorite memory one last time��but the love and memory lives on in our hearts forever.��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those questionmarks were hearts & smiles, sorry about that!

      Delete

Hello dear friends, thank you for taking the time to visit Debby Goes Shabby. I hope you enjoy your visit.